Spaghetti Squash Curry
-Whole Spaghetti Squash
-1/2 tbsp crushed ginger garlic
– 1 tbsp crushed fenugreek seeds
-1 sprig of curry leaves
– 2 -3 finely chopped hot green chilies( Indian grocery)
Masala dabba spices : asafoetida, pinch of turmeric, Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds
Optional: Chopped coriander leaves, Kasoori methi leaves ( fenugreek leaves)
Oil: 2 tbsp Coconut oil or ghee or mustard oil for flavor. If not then use regular oil
Equipment: Instant pot (You can cook in the oven too and follow the method of sauteing it on the stove top.
-Take the whole squash and place in the instant pot with 2-3 cups of water to cover at least half of the squash. Do not cut the squash. Cook it on high pressure manual for 5 mts.
-Let the steam release naturally from instant pot and carefully remove the squash in another pot using silicone gloves or two ladles.
– When the squash cools down then place it on the cutting board with a large plate on it. Cut the squash on the plate as there will be some water spill which can be reused in soups or anything else.
– Scoop out the squash puree into a small bowl.
-Heat a wok like pan on the stove top and add the oil.
– Add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek powder, curry leaves, green chilies, ginger garlic paste and saute on low heat so it doesn’t burn. cook it for 1-2 mts.
– Now add turmeric powder, asafeotida and puree to the pan and saute until 7-8 mts until most of the moisture is reduced.
-Salt to taste.
Note: Before serving, you can tempering using oil, mustard seeds, red chili powder, chopped coriander leaves and fenugreek leaves. Serve with naan or any rustic bread.
#glutenfree #Vegan #Vegetarian #Instantpot #SpaghettiSquash